Re: Question - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Franco Bruno Borghesi
Subject Re: Question
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thanks for the answer Kris. I've fixed a generic replace method that I had written, so it looks like this now (I've simplified it for the example):

private void replateArgs(PreparedStatement stmt, Object[] values, int offset) {

    for (int i, count=values.length; i<count; i++) {

          //is it a Character?
        if (values[i] instanceof Character)
            pstmt.setObject(offset+i, values[i].toString());
        else {

             //is it a Date?
            if (values[i] instanceof java.util.Date)
                pstmt.setObject(offset+i, values[i], Types.TIMESTAMP); //all my tables have timestamp dates
            else //anything else seems to work
                pstmt.setObject(offset+i, values[i]); //any other thing
        }
    }
}

It works fine, except for NULL values. With the old driver, setObject(int, null) was ok, but I've seen that I should be using setNull(int, int) with the new version.

As you see, in my current code I have no way to know to which datatype the field maps to. So, is there any easy/generic way to set NULLs, no matter what datatype the field is?

Thanks again.