Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> However, from the reading I've done recently, I'm pretty sure that if
> you fail to declare __declspec(dllimport) on the importing side, you
> actually land up statically linking to a thunk function that in turn
> calls the real function in the DLL. So it works, but at a performance cost.

Meh.  I'm not really willing to go through the pushups that would be
needed to deal with that, even if it can be shown that the performance
cost is noticeable.  We've already kluged our source code for Windows
far beyond what anybody would tolerate for any other platform, and
I find that to be quite enough bending over for Redmond.