Re: How to show the current schema or search path in the psql PROMP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: How to show the current schema or search path in the psql PROMP
Date
List pgsql-general
On 14 Jun 2010, at 12:14, Schwaighofer Clemens wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 19:10, Alban Hertroys
> <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl> wrote:
>> On 14 Jun 2010, at 2:02, Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:
>>
>>> Right now I added two simple wrappers in my .psqlrc
>>>
>>> \set shsh 'SHOW search_path;'
>>> \set setsh 'SET search_path TO'
>>>
>>> So I can at least set and check the schema more quickly.
>>

>> That only saves you a few key-presses though. Is your psql built with libreadline? Without it you don't get
TAB-completion,that would be a nuisance!

> even with readline it is quicker to type :shsh to see the current
> schema thant to type full thing.

Do you realise you only save 3 key-presses there, compared to "sh[TAB]sea[TAB];"? That's a rhetorical question btw,
it'sentirely up to you to define any short-cuts you want.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4c160855286213993713473!