Re: [pgsql-www] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alexey Borzov
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I am sorry, did you have an entry in the contest that placed?

No, but I maintain several well-downloaded OS PHP projects.

> Well there may actually be a good reason for this.
>
> Well I am sure Gavin isn't suffering from the translation of queries
> issue but there is a lot of good reasons to abstract the DB API.
>
> The product isn't even 1.0 yet and very few people are using it. If you
> are unhappy with it, why not donate some resources
> and help make it a better product?

Why are you behaving so protectively?

I am already contributing to the project, by reviewing it and giving pointers to
possible future fixes and enhancements.

Besides, if you want a project to ever reach 1.0 and have a lot of users, you
have to consider architectural decisions in advance.