Re: [HACKERS] OK, so culicidae is *still* broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] OK, so culicidae is *still* broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-04-15 17:24:54 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wonder whether we could work around that by just destroying the created
>> process and trying again if we get a collision.  It'd be a tad
>> inefficient, but hopefully collisions wouldn't happen often enough to be a
>> big problem.

> That might work, although it's obviously not pretty.  We could also just
> default to some out-of-the-way address for MapViewOfFileEx, that might
> also work.

Could be.  Does Microsoft publish any documentation about the range of
addresses their ASLR uses?

Obviously, any such fix would be a lot more likely to be reliable in
64-bit machines.  There's probably not enough daylight to be sure of
making it work in 32-bit Windows, so I suspect we'd need some retry
logic anyway for that case.