Re: PgSQL MVCC vs MySQL InnoDB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: PgSQL MVCC vs MySQL InnoDB
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 01:15:33PM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
>>On 10/25/2004 11:53 AM, nd02tsk@student.hig.se wrote:
>>

>>>Is this true?
>>
>From a functional point of view, the two appear to do the same thing.
>

> Well, except for one difference.  InnoDB will allow you refer to
> tables not controlled by the InnoDB table handler, whereas we don't
> have that problem with MVCC.

 From MySQL gotchas:

1) And the same "feature" allow also to start a transaction, mix the two
tables and have a warning only after the "rollback" about the inability
destroy the updates done on non INNODB tables.

2) Create or delete and index or alter a table will recreate the entire
    table.

3) Our rollback is a O(1) operation not O(N)  where N is the operations
    performed during the transaction

Regards
Gaetano Mendola