Re: PATCH: To fix expanding server if server inaccessible (pgAdmin4) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Murtuza Zabuawala
Subject Re: PATCH: To fix expanding server if server inaccessible (pgAdmin4)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

On 01-Jun-2016, at 12:03 am, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On 31 May 2016, at 19:08, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

Hi

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As advised by Ashesh, I have tried flask 'threaded' options for this issues
> & it fixed the issue.
>
> PFA patches to fix long load delay when expanding server if server is
> inaccessible.
> (RM#1185).

That'll only affect users running under Werkzeug. What about Apache?
Is it an issue there?
A while ago - we discussed about the connection management issue, and we decided to write a deployment guide about using pgAdmin 4 as WSGI application under HTTPD using mod_wsgi.
And, while configuring Apache, we will need to use the WSGIDaemon option with mod_wsgi, which will allow us to specify the number of threads to be used for request handling at a time.

Reference:

Right, and I wrote that guide - it's in the docs :-)
:-).

Good - I was thinking - you would ask me to write.. :P

I just wanted to be sure that this particular issue isn't a problem in such a configuration.

It is not.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi

> ------
> Additional patches to enhance misc validations in
> menu.js/schema.js/dashboard.js.

Please detail what these are intended to fix.

Here, we have added validation checks before accessing object.
Mostly we get object 'XYZ is undefined' OR 'XYZ Null' errors.

PFA screenshot for example.

> (There are no RM's for these fixes, these are just enhancements)
>

> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company