Re: ATTACH/DETACH PARTITION CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: ATTACH/DETACH PARTITION CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/11/17 9:06, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 09:38:40AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> OK, but it seems to me that your version of my patch rearranges the
>> code more than necessary.
>>
>> How about the attached?
>
> What you are proposing here looks good to me.  Thanks!

Me too, now that I see the patch closely.  The errors I'd seen in the
regression tests were due to uninitialized oids variable which is fixed in
the later patches, not due to "confused memory context switching" as I'd
put it [1] and made that the reason for additional changes.

Thanks,
Amit

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1be8055c-137b-5639-9bcf-8a2d5fef6e5a%40lab.ntt.co.jp