Re: how much ram do i give postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Doades
Subject Re: how much ram do i give postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20 Oct 2004 at 13:34, Josh Close wrote:

> > How long does 100,000 rows take to insert exactly?
>
> I believe with the bulk inserts, 100k only takes a couple mins.

Hmm, that seems a bit slow. How big are the rows you are inserting? Have you checked
the cpu and IO usage during the inserts? You will need to do some kind of cpu/IO
monitoring to determine where the bottleneck is.

What hardware is this on? Sorry if you specified it earlier, I can't seem to find mention of
it.

Cheers,
Gary.