Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes
Date
Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2021-05-06 14:56:09 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> If we think it's worth having a predefined role for, OK.  However,
>> I don't like the future I see us heading towards where there are
>> hundreds of random predefined roles.  Is there an existing role
>> that it'd be reasonable to attach this ability to?

> It does seem like it'd be good to group it in with something
> else. There's nothing fitting 100% though.

I'd probably vote for pg_read_all_data, considering that much of
the concern about this has to do with the possibility of exposure
of sensitive data.  I'm not quite sure what the security expectations
are for pg_monitor.