Re: bibliographic schema - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Guillaume
Subject Re: bibliographic schema
Date
List pgsql-sql
Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>>>we're looking for a SQL database schema for bibliographical references.
>>>the goal is to extract all the bibliographical references contained in
>>>our various existing pgsql scientific databases in only one specific
>>>database and to interconnect them with external keys and perl scripts.
>
> Your best bet might be to take a look at OSS library
> management solutions and see whether that fits your
> needs or is suitable as a starting point.

I'm not interested in manage a library. That kind of projects schema are
mostly complex and lending and storing oriented. I just want to store
scientific references in a satisfactory way. I'm surprised that all the
scientific databases schema are simplistic for references, and that
no-one has published or produced such a database schema, probably useful
and reusable.

so, I may have to create it, as said Josh, and publish it :-)

thanks

Guillaume