Re: mailing list offer - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: mailing list offer
Date
List pgsql-www
John Hansen wrote:
You should be aware tho, that iirc the current tally is closing in on
300.000 emails. Does anyone have any installations with that much data
indexed by tsearch2, who would be able to give us some indicative
reports on query time?
I have a database now with 1.77 million entries using Tsearch. The entries are book titles. It runs
very well. There are some tricks to it though. For example what we had to was have a single
table that has nothing but a product_id, title, title_vectors.

Then on a search, we return the product_ids and grab the titles from the detail table via the product_ids
that were pulled from the search.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Mnogosearch was scrapped due to it's speed (or lack thereof), and iirc,
tsearch2 closely resembles the same type of mechanism for full text
searches. Just something to think about.

Btw, With regards to the forums, I imagine they'll come back over the
weekend...

What are the thoughts on this?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake