Re: Remove line length restriction in passwordFromFile() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Remove line length restriction in passwordFromFile()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
> The patch was back-patched to v13, but v13 release note still has the following item.

>      Tighten libpq's overlength-line handling and comment detection for .pgpass files (Fujii Masao)

> This should be changed to the following or something?

>      Teach libpq to handle arbitrary-length lines in .pgpass files (Tom Lane)

Hm.  Actually, since that went further back than v13, I don't think
it should appear in the v13 notes at all; it will be material for
the next quarterly update release notes.

We could adjust the release-note entry for your patch to say
"Improve comment detection for .pgpass files", or we could decide
it's not worth documenting that part and just drop the entry.