Re: Inconsistent Japanese name order in v13 contributors list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Inconsistent Japanese name order in v13 contributors list
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2020/09/09 21:15, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2020-09-09 07:40, Fujii Masao wrote:
>>> Attached is a patch to standardize Japanese names as given-name-first
>>> in the v13 contributors list as before.
>>
>> Using given-name-first order is our consensus? I was thinking we have not
>> reached that yet and our "vague" consensus was to use the name that each
>> contributor prefers, for example the name that used in the email signature, etc.
>>
>> BTW, if possible I'd like to use family-name-first, i.e., "Fujii Masao".
>
> See commit 53c89aed7b38ab412fddc1d6118822ce5d962acd for when this was changed.
>
> At least it's the current practice.  It can be debated whether it's a good practice.

Thanks for letting me know that! Ok, using family-name-first rule only
for me would make the maintain of contributors list harder, so I'm ok
to follow the given-name-first rule for the list.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center