Re: Is there an opposite to pg_get_userbyid() ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas
Subject Re: Is there an opposite to pg_get_userbyid() ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 07:42:22PM +0200, Andreas wrote:
>

>>or is there a complement to pg_get_userbyid()  ?
>>

>If there is then I've overlooked it in the documentation.  It's
>easy enough to write:

Thanks :)

I though it was consequent to expect such a function, since there is
pg_get_userbyid().
I'm a bit reluctant to use a real lookup-function for what I have in mind.
My application connects to the server and hopefully can keep the
connection up until the user leaves his desk. During the whole session
every insert/update will trigger those user-id lookups for an
information that is constant for the session.
I hoped there were a function that could read the user-id directly from
the connection's properties.

Well, well ... that's life ...
Andreas   ;)