Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE could see commited trasaction partially. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kiriakos Georgiou
Subject Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE could see commited trasaction partially.
Date
List pgsql-general
This is correct behavior with MVCC.  Do a 'select * from x' in thread 2 and to understand why.  The select for update in thread 2 sees the data in table x as it was prior to thread 1 committing, thus it won't see the row with a=2.

For further suggestions you'll have to explain what you are logically trying to accomplish.

Kiriakos