Re: Recovering data from corrupted table. Urgent Help!! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Recovering data from corrupted table. Urgent Help!!
Date
List pgsql-general
ruben20@superguai.com wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Is there any way to recover data from a corrupted table? I can only run
> SELECTs on certain WHERE conditions.
>
> I cannot vacuum, pg_dump, I've deleted the indexes and try to reindex,
> always get error:
>
> ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 4244329
> DETAIL:  could not open file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0004": No
> existe el fichero o el directorio
>
> Thanks a lot.

Again:

create an empty file:

# touch /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0004

at this point postgres will complain about the fact that an offset is missing,

at this point fill with 0 your file ( blocks of 8K ) till reach that offset reclaimed.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola