Re: Granting permission on a sequence to a group - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Walker, Jed S
Subject Re: Granting permission on a sequence to a group
Date
List pgsql-novice

I found a note in a book that states that using "nextval" can't be done with only select privileges, but it doesn't say what else is needed. Can someone tell me (hopefully I find it eventually)?

From:   Walker, Jed S
Sent:   Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:50 PM
To:     'pgsql-novice@postgresql.org'
Subject:        Granting permission on a sequence to a group

Hi,

I have a sequence seq_page owned by user vrnsys. Vrnsys has granted "select" on seq_page to group vrn_admin. vrn_admin group has had user vrngui added to it, but vrngui is not able to access the sequence (permission denied for sequence seq_page).

1. Any ideas why this isn't working?

Thanks in advance,

      Jed S. Walker