Re: Server unreliability - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alexey Borzov
Subject Re: Server unreliability
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>Like this one? : http://www.jensummerfield.supanet.com/bearaniy.gif
>
> Yes, and its animated too.  Everyone knows animation on a web site
> spices it up, as does blinking text and text that changes color.  :-)

You forgot background music in MIDI.

>>Well, web team (mostly Alexey) is working on it. We have a fabulous new
>>design (you know...). I think it'll be ready before 8.0.0. See the -www
>>archives for that (Archives? Umm maybe Google...)
>
> Yes, but how far is it from the image I saw to the completed site?  I
> have no idea, and why has there been so little progress in the past few
> years?

Er, the "beta" site is already working:
http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/
I am unfortunately a bit busy ATM but expect to continue work on it the next
week. There is very little work left, in fact.

As for the "past few years" --- I've no idea. I volunteered only this year and
had to overcome some resistance when I said that the current site is inadequate.