Re: COUNT(*) to find records which have a certain number of - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From T E Schmitz
Subject Re: COUNT(*) to find records which have a certain number of
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hallo Martin,

Martin Knipper wrote:

> Am 20.09.2004 18:19 schrieb T E Schmitz:
>
>>>I want to select only those BRAND/MODEL combinations, where the MODEL
>>>has more than one TYPE, but only where one of those has TYPE_NAME='xyz'.
>>>I am not interested in MODELs with multiple TYPEs where none of them are
>>>called 'xyz'.
>>

> Try this:
>
> select b.brand_name,m.model_name,count(*) from model m inner join
> brand b on m.brand_fk=b.brand_pk inner join type t on
> m.model_pk=t.model_fk where t.type_name='xyz' group by
> b.brand_name,m.model_name having count(m.model_name)>0;

Sorry, no, this doesn't work. It definitely doesn't return the required
resultset. It just returns all BRAND_NAME,MODEL_NAME for all Models that
have a Type with TYPE_NAME='xyz'.

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz