Re: OIDS column required with ODBC ? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Shachar Shemesh
Subject Re: OIDS column required with ODBC ?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Secrétariat wrote:

> I use the Open Method from ADO in MS Visual-Basic 6.0 ...
> Is there anybody who can explain to me why I can't open tables without
> OIDS ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Luc

The ODBC driver is emulating updateable cursors by adding the xid and
oid to each query. It can then identify each row in the result, and
update it if requested. When you open a table that doesn't have oid,
this open fails.

To work around this problem, you need to open your rows in a
non-updateable mode, which will make ODBC not add the requirement for
oid in the table, and solve the problem.

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.