Re: checksum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: checksum
Date
List pgsql-general

You could use the md5 function.... such as :

select md5(foo) from bar where baz = 2;
Looks like md5() takes only a string. I need to pass alist of fields
instead. I was looking at the documentattion and I think I can write
soemthing like:

field1, field2, ..., fieldn = expr1, expr2, ..., exprn

This way one operator will check all the fields for equality.

Maybe I am missing what you are saying, but you can md5() the data column... So you could do:

select one,two from foo where md5(one) = 'e4da3b7fbbce2345d7772b0674a318d5';

or

select one,two from foo where md5(one) = $1; or whatever.

for example....

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Fed