Re: SQL-Invoked Procedures for 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: SQL-Invoked Procedures for 8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I believe you are correct for Oracle at least.
>
> But for people porting over from MSSQL it is a *huge* deal, and given
> the native windows port of Postgres with 8.0.0, I predict *many*
> requests for this in upcoming months.

Speaking from a commercial perspective. I have had, in the last 60 days
over a dozen inquiries of how PostgreSQL 8.0 on WINDOWS compares to
MSSQL. The specific question
topics have been:

1. Reliability
2. Performance
3. High Availability
4. Features

Anything that we can do, within reason to help the migration from MSSQL
to PostgreSQL "is a good thing" (tm).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake