Re: SQL-Invoked Procedures for 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: SQL-Invoked Procedures for 8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>One interesting point is whether it's possible for one procedure to call
>another, and if so what that means for the semantics.  Is the inner
>procedure allowed to commit a transaction started by the outer one?

Usually yes a procedure can call another, and it's extremely useful to
do so. I'm not so sure about the semantics with transactions, but
personally I wouldn't like to see a procedure be able to commit the
transaction of it's caller.

Peter