elog in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laszlo Hornyak
Subject elog in 7.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I have a error callback function registered to run each time an SQL
error occurs. The problem is that the errfinish() calls it both if the
executed SQL statement was wrong, and if the statem,ent or plan logging
is enabled, and it seems elog.h doesn't provide the API to find out the
reason why my callback was called. I see that version 8.0 has lots of
improvements on this area.

Why does errfinish() do this? Will I break something if I modify it to
call the callbacks only on ERROR and FATAL events?

Thanks,
Laszlo

Attachment