Re: COUNT(*) to find records which have a certain number of - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From T E Schmitz
Subject Re: COUNT(*) to find records which have a certain number of
Date
Re: COUNT(*) to find records which have a certain number of  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Re: COUNT(*) to find records which have a certain number of  (Martin Knipper <martin@mk-os.de>)
List pgsql-sql
I figured it eventually. (The only thing I don't know is where to put
the ORDER BY.)

> I want to select only those BRAND/MODEL combinations, where the MODEL
> has more than one TYPE, but only where one of those has TYPE_NAME='xyz'.
> I am not interested in MODELs with multiple TYPEs where none of them are
> called 'xyz'.

SELECT
BRAND_NAME,MODEL_NAME
FROM TYPE
left outer join MODEL  on MODEL_PK =TYPE.MODEL_FK
left outer join BRAND  on BRAND_PK =MODEL.BRAND_FK
group by BRAND.BRAND_NAME,MODEL_NAME
having count(*)>1

intersect

SELECT
BRAND_NAME,MODEL.MODEL_NAME
FROM TYPE
left outer join MODEL  on MODEL_PK =TYPE.MODEL_FK
left outer join BRAND  on BRAND_PK =MODEL.BRAND_FK
where TYPE_NAME='xyz'
group by BRAND.BRAND_NAME,MODEL_NAME

--

Regards/Gruß,