No parameters support in "create user"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shachar Shemesh
Subject No parameters support in "create user"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi list,

When I try to create a user using the "create user" SQL command, where
the command is being executed using the PQexecParams function from
libpq, and the username and password are passed as "text" (oid 0x19)
parameters (binary), I get a syntax error. The command I'm doing is:

create user $1 with encrypted password $2

Any idea why this is not working? Is it supposed to work? Trying to pass
only the password as a parameter does not work either.
         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.