Re: Applying new design - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alexey Borzov
Subject Re: Applying new design
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

Robert Treat wrote:
>>>No, the problem is when you go to
>>>http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/mirrors you get the following:
>>>--
>>>Please select a download mirror:
>>>
>>>We could not query the database or no mirrors could be found!
>>>
>>>Download PostgreSQL from the primary site
>>>--
>>>so that needs to be fixed.
>>
>>That's just because all the mirrors in Alexey's database have expired
>>because the mirror tracker is only updating the live database.
>
> You guys are missing the point :-)  When you go to the web mirrors page it
> should ask you to pick a _download_ mirror, or ask you to _download_
> postgresql from the main site, it should ask you to pick a *website* mirror.
>
> Also we need to add links to these pages for how to host a mirror
> (http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-howto.html)

I updated the mirror database... OK, you are somewhat right, the page
asks to select download mirror on both pages:
http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/download
http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/mirrors
but actually lists FTP and HTTP mirrors on respective pages.

I'll fix the pages' templates soon.