Re: Permissions problem with sequences - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Permissions problem with sequences
Date
List pgsql-bugs
>>What if they change the owner of the serial sequence independently
>>anyway?
>
> I suppose a complete solution would involve forbidding that.  We don't
> allow you to alter the owner of an index independently of its parent
> table ...

Problem is existing dump files.  Oh, hang on - this is new for 8.0.
Hmmm...so what do we do then?  I have been seriously pressed for time
the last few weeks, so I don't have time to make alter table alter all
the serial seqeunces on a table as well :(

I've got a mostly working fix for the bug that involves alter owner on
the sequence, but let me know if you want me to finish it.

Chris