Re: Problem with returning setof record - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Problem with returning setof record
Date
List pgsql-sql
oliverp21@free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a simple function I created for a test.
>
> create function ttt() returns setof record as '

> When I try to use it, it returns to me :
>
> select ttt();
>  set-valued function called in context that cannot accept a set
> :  PL/pgSQL function "ttt" line 5 at return next
>
> Anyone has an idea ?

You need to treat it like a table:  SELECT * FROM ttt();
Also, I'm not sure you can return a setof anonymous record types (unless
you can specify the structure in the select).
Try CREATE FUNCTION...RETURNS SETOF utilisateurs.menus

If there's no appropriate table you can use CREATE TYPE to create a
structure.
--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd