Re: pg_migrator and an 8.3-compatible tsvector data type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: pg_migrator and an 8.3-compatible tsvector data type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Kind of --- I am stuck because we don't auto-cast for index usage like
> we do for function calls and operators, so I will just keep going and
> disable tsvector.

I was pretty stumped by what you meant by "auto-cast" but now I'm
beginning to think what you're looking for are cross-type comparison
operators? You could define a bunch of such operators which manually
call the cast on one side and add them to the operator class. I'm not
sure how to set up the operator class entries for GIN though.

--
greg