Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
<gj@pointblue.com.pl> wrote:
> Will it also mean, that queries are going to be analyzed deeper ?
> Ie, afaik I am able now to create plpgsql function, that tries to run query
> accessing non existent table, or columns.
> Or, if I rename column/table/relation now, views, etc are getting updated -
> but not plpgsql functions. Will that change with your patch ?

The scanner isn't responsible for anything like this. It just braeks
the input up into tokens. So its responsible for determining where
strings start and end and where tble names start and end but doesn't
actually look up the name anywhere -- that's up to the parser and
later steps. So no.

--
greg