Re: Saner interval hash function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Saner interval hash function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah.  I did add a regression test for the specific case of '30 days'
> vs '1 month', which we know is a pain point for this particular data
> type.  Generating values at random doesn't seem like it's really likely
> to teach us much though.

Yeah, I was going to suggest random values but came to the same conclusion.

I think each datatype would have to provide some list of "interesting"
values. But given that list it would be possible to do the same
regression tests for every data type.

I suppose it would require a plpgsql function using PERFORM to
implement though. ick.

--
greg