Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mark Harrison
Subject Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
josh@bitbuckets.com wrote:

> Point In Time Recovery:  While PostgreSQL is very reliable, PITR increases
> its robustness by allowing continuous backup of the server.  This allows
> data recovery to a point of failure or to any transaction in the past.

I would rephrase like this, since PITR helps defend against failures
other than in the database, such as hardware, application, etc...

Point In Time Recovery:  PITR increases system robustness by allowing
continuous backup of the PostgreSQL server.  This allows
data recovery to a point of failure or to any transaction in the past.

Great job!
Mark