Re: Equivalent praxis to CLUSTERED INDEX? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Equivalent praxis to CLUSTERED INDEX?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> How do vendors actually implement auto-clustering?  I assume they move
> rows around during quiet periods or have lots of empty space in each
> value bucket.

IIRC informix doesn't have it, and you have to recluster periodically
the table. After having clustered the table with an index in order to
recluster the table with another index you have to release the previous
one ( ALTER index TO NOT CLUSTER ), the CLUSTER is an index attribute and
each table can have only one index with that attribute ON.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola