Getting Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Venki
Subject Getting Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi All,
I am using Postgres 7.4.6 on Red hat linux 9.0. When I try insert a chinese character from my frontend(Asp.Net on win2k pro using ado.net, .Net framework 1.1) into a table in my postgres database I am getting the following error message

"System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] ERROR: Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported"

I have created the database with the encoding "UNICODE" since the application needs to be multilingual.

Does Postgres 7.4.6 supports unicode?

Can anyone in the list help me with a solution?

Thanks in Advance

--
Kind Regards,
Venki