Re: Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Arthur van Dorp
Subject Re: Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10
Date
List pgsql-novice
 > readline is not part of postgresql but a separate library; find it and
 > install it.  If you are using a distribution you may have the shared
 > library installed but you need to install its development package as
 > well.

Use whatever program Mandrake offers to install software. Look for a
readline package and install it. The compiled readline program is
probably already installed, you need a development package with the
source code or at least the appropriate headers. Under SuSE the
development packages (which you need here) are called <package>-devel.
It's probably something similar for Mandrake.

 > Since you don't say what system or distribution you are using, we can't
 > say where to look for it.

Well, it says Mandrake 10 in the subject. ;)

Arthur