Re: BUG #10255: CREATE COLLATION bug on 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #10255: CREATE COLLATION bug on 9.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Emanuel Calvo <emanuel.calvo@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> El 07/05/14 13:52, Andres Freund escribió:
>> Independent of everything else the 'Success' on Emanuel's suggest
>> that errno might not be properly handled...

> The same command, on 9.3 gives a different error:
> ERROR:  no se pudo crear la configuración regional «UTF8»: No existe
> el fichero o el directorio

Well, that's what I'd expect.  But the relevant code
(pg_newlocale_from_collation in pg_locale.c) hasn't changed one bit since
9.3.  And you're not helping any by refusing to divulge what OS you're
testing on.  I'm not in the business of playing guessing games, so I think
it's your turn to do some work and figure out what's different between
your 9.3 and 9.4 cases.

            regards, tom lane