Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] libpq build problem with on MS VC++ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Francis
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] libpq build problem with on MS VC++
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

>>The only other option I can think of is to #undef those to defines,
>>include io.h, then re-include port.h?  Is that better?
>
> How about not #define'ing rename() etc in port.h in the first place?
>
> We could put
>     #ifdef WIN32
>     #define rename(x) pgrename(x)
>     #endif
> into those very few .c files that need it.

How about avoiding #define altogether, and:

  - Always use pgrename/pgunlink instead of rename/unlink

  - Provide stubs for non-Win32 systems

#ifndef WIN32
int pgrename(const char *from, const char *to) {
   return rename(from,to);
}
#endif

#define is evil, afterall.