Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I've sure heard a lot of people saying there is no decent GUI and/or
> web-GUI to admin a pgsql server. Then I show them pgadmin or phppgadmin,
> and they're stunned. But they just didn't *find* it.

I only can stress what Magnus says.
The pginstaller will partially fix this for win32, but the issue is
basically the same for all os, and other tools and important modules
(Slony-1).

Having one-stop-shopping for users, there's also the issue for
one-stop-bugreporting. I already saw several pgadmin3 bugs posted to
-hackers or -bugs; although we provide a prominently placed menu entry
for bug reporting, people still don't read it <sigh>

It's not easy enough to find out how to post pgsql bugs. Can't we have a
"Bugs" link in the line where "Download", "Mirrors" reside?

Regards,
Andreas