Re: heap errors - should I be worried? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ulrich Wisser
Subject Re: heap errors - should I be worried?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

>>WARNING:  Index pg_statistic_relid_att_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES
>>(163) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (345).
>>         Recreate the index.
>
>>Should these errors worry me?
>
> Yeah, they should.  A REINDEX will probably get you out of the immediate
> problem, but the more interesting question is how you got to be missing
> index entries in the first place.  Have you had any crashes or hardware
> problems lately?  What PG version is this?

PG version 7.3.4
No hardware problems or crashes I know of. I do a "vacuum full analyze"
once every night and never did see these problems. Only yesterday after
I used reindex on three tables did I see these problems.

I will try to reindex the database tonight.

Thanks

Ulrich