Re: postgres 7.1.3 wth perl 5.8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christian
Subject Re: postgres 7.1.3 wth perl 5.8.0
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

> Use a later release.
>
> Seriously, 7.1.* is not supported anymore.  There are extremely serious
> known bugs in it that will never be fixed.  I can't imagine a reason for
> you to be trying to build it rather than something more current.

actually, we are upgrading our system the previously using Redhat 7.1
and Postgres 7.1.3, and upgrading postgres meaning we have to update our
applications too, and that's probably out of question. so.. is there a
way to fix this without upgrading postgres, but not using Redhat 7.x ?

thanks,
chris