Re: ERROR: Cross-database references are not implemented - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: ERROR: Cross-database references are not implemented
Date
List pgsql-sql
Theo Galanakis wrote:
> How do I explicidly create a cross-database reference?
>
> Mind you these databases are on the same server.
>
> In MSSQL you could do that through enterprise manager.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

You cannot do cross database references per se, but you can use schemas,
which roughly behave like individual databases do in MSSQL. See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/ddl-schemas.html

If you really need cross-database queries, see contrib/dblink (which
would also work across servers), but it isn't as flexible as using schemas.

HTH,

Joe