Re: Missing library files?? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Missing library files??
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tony Griffiths(RA)" <griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk> writes:
> Fair enough - that's what I half expected. I'm wanting to write some
> embedded sql that selects a box attribute from a relation - is there any
> direct way of retrieving a BOX typed value from the select without
> having to go through decoding the retrieved string. I know I can do this
> using a binary cursor, but this means moving from embedded sql.

The binary representation of BOX wouldn't necessarily be the same on
client and server machines anyway (surely you don't want to wire in
an assumption that client and server are on the same kind of hardware).

I'd say bite the bullet and parse the ASCII string; it's hardly
difficult.