Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Make listen_addresses be - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Make listen_addresses be
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Dumped by what?  It's a PGC_POSTMASTER variable, there ain't gonna be
> nobody putting it in ALTER DATABASE or ALTER USER.

Oh yeah, sorry wasn't thinking.  Same reason I don't bother handling
preload_libraries and friends in pg_dumpall...

>>The problem is there's no way to know if they're list type gucs when
>>dumping, unless we modify the pg_settings view or something.
>
> Yeah, it might be nice to have an API to get at those flag bits.

Will become more annoying once we have a binary dump format for
pg_dumpall I guess, have to store them in the binary.

Chris