Re: DROP TABLESPACE causes panic during recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: DROP TABLESPACE causes panic during recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We do need to do that, but it will *not* solve this problem.  The
> scenario that causes the problem is
>
>     CREATE TABLESPACE
>     much time passes
>     CHECKPOINT
>     modify tables in tablespace
>     drop tables in tablespace
>     DROP TABLESPACE
>     system crash
>
> Now the system needs to replay from the last checkpoint.  It's going to
> hit updates to tables that aren't there anymore in a tablespace that's
> not there anymore.  There will not be anything in the replayed part of
> the log that will give a clue where that tablespace was physically.

Maybe we need to create a new system tablespace: pg_recovery

Then when this situation occurs, if the tablespace cannot be located, we
recrated the objects in the system 'pg_recovery' tablespace or something.

I dunno :)

Chris