Re: Binary Cursors, and the COPY command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: Binary Cursors, and the COPY command
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oliver Jowett wrote:
> I suppose so. I'd point out that the NIO byteorder info is really just
> an optimization hint -- the rest of the NIO API is byteorder agnostic,
> regardless of what the native byteorder is.

The rest of the NIO API is not agnostic. A java.nio.ByteBuffer is big
endian by default and can be changed using the order method. This is the
mechanism you'd use to implement I/O that can handle either endian type.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren