Re: Can't increase max connections - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Can't increase max connections
Date
List pgsql-admin
Roberto De Shong wrote:
> Actually I got it solved, I recompiled the kernel adding the options below:> options        SYSVSHM> options
SYSVSEM>options        SYSVMSG> options        SHMMAXPGS=65536> options        SEMMNI=40> options        SEMMNS=240>
options       SEMUME=40> options        SEMMNU=120>> And I made the following modifications to postgresql.conf:>>
shared_buffers= 4096> max_fsm_relations = 1024> max_fsm_pages = 16384> sort_mem = 4096>> I was tthen able to increase
it,I only set maxconnections to 200,> because I'm using database pooling to manage connections which I'm only> using 80
connectionsmax.>> Thanks.

So if you need 80 connections why did you use 200 on the postgres side ?
You waste shared memory if you have 120 connections more then necessary.

Are you using pgpoll ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola