Re: logfile subprocess and Fancy File Functions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: logfile subprocess and Fancy File Functions
Date
List pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:

 > Super-minor nitpicking from just eyeing over the patch, not actually
 > checking how it works.

Reviewing the own code the most obvious things are overlooked.

 > This patch changes the error message for pg_signal_backend() to "only
 > superuser may access generic file functions".
 >
 > I'm sure that was not intended.. You probably need to pass a parameter
 > to requireSuperuser() about what should go in the err msg.

Yes, seems I was a bit overenthusiastic...

 > Also, I think you forgot to attach syslogger.h.

Indeed, attached is include/postmaster/syslogger.h

Regards,
Andreas
/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 *
 * syslogger.h
 *      Exports from postmaster/syslogger.c.
 *
 * Portions Copyright (c) 2004, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
 *
 * $PostgreSQL: $
 *
 *-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 */
#ifndef _SYSLOGGER_H
#define _SYSLOGGER_H

#include "pgtime.h"

/* GUC options */
extern int        Log_RotationAge;
extern int        Log_RotationSize;
extern char *   Log_directory;

int SysLogger_Start(void);
void SysLoggerMain(int argc, char *argv[]);

extern bool LogFileRotate(void);

#endif   /* _SYSLOGGER_H */