Re: [JDBC] [ADMIN] Migrate postgres databases from SQL_ASCII to UNICODE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dario V. Fassi
Subject Re: [JDBC] [ADMIN] Migrate postgres databases from SQL_ASCII to UNICODE
Date
List pgsql-sql

Tom Lane wrote:
"Dario V. Fassi" <software@sistemat.com.ar> writes:
SQL_ASCII is not an encoding (it's more like the absence of knowledge
about an encoding).  What is the data actually stored as?
Yes you are right , the original data come from a DB2 with CodePage
IBM-850  and was inserted  without complains in a Postgres 7.3.6 with
SQL_ASCII.
Ugh.  You'll have to work out how to convert that codepage to one of the
encodings that PG supports.  Or else add it as a supported encoding
(I'm not sure how hard that is, but it's not out of the question).
		regards, tom lane
Ok, I'm interested is do that , but someone is the development group would give me some assistence to get a start point to work with.
I program in Java, C, and less frequently in C++.

Dario.